shortcut feature.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

shortcut feature.

Postby bowlesj3 » 25 May 2010

I do not have a big need for this feature idea at the moment but I do have a use and something could come up with myself or someone else at any time that could make this idea fairly valuable to them.

If the tabs on any form could be switched to directly by a key stroke sequence such as ctrl + Alt + 1 for tab #1 or 2 for tab #2 then that would make it easy for any macro program to go directly to this tab and do whatever as part of a key stroke automation sequence. Right now the ctrl tab does not guarantee that you get the correct tab.

Having said that maybe there is a way to force going to the first tab. I will transmit this message (before I loose it) and play around with it.

My use is to have a quick way to switch from 10 second bars to 5 second bars and back so I do not have to carry the load of an extra chart all day.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 25 May 2010

Dear bowlesj3,

In the next versions of MultiCharts we will seriously address the implementation of hot keys with the possibility of assignment.

bowlesj3

Hi Dave,

sounds good.

By the way I tried ctrl + home and ctrl + leftarrow and ctrl+up arrow and could not find a key that would force the tabs to highlight the first tab. If that was there then a macro program could force it to the first tab then use ctrl + tab to move over to the one it wanted.

Thanks,
John.

bowlesj3

I tired ctrl + home on the symbol settings screen and it messed up the drop down for resolution. So I can see why thought, care and testing are required here.

Return to “MultiCharts”