Problem with tick data on transact dll

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
phil

Problem with tick data on transact dll

Postby phil » 10 Oct 2008

If you look at the tick trades on the transact platform on the last trades icon. I suspect many ticks that are not registered or display on the multichart chart. I use beta 3 version. I think it<s a serious problem that need to be fix the fast as possible.

thx phil

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Oct 2008

Hi phil,

Is this true for all symbols? If not, what symbols have this problem?

Thank you!

phil

I don t know but I m trading right now the 6e z8 and it<s missing alot of tick.

phil

ok I check my statement and I can say it's real. For double cheack my statement I delete one day of data and reaload my chart to backfill the data. Firstly I know that we could have some difference between the history backfill and realtime data. But what I saw today it's dangerous to trade with this bug. My conclusion his 42069 realtime and 65537 backfilling. Ouch real difference between both. I think it's should be adress fast as possible because my 2 charts have real difference between both.

phil

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Oct 2008

Dear Phil,

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

If I understand you correctly and you accumulated real-time ticks, calculated the total volume for them (42069), then did a reload and check the new total volume (65537 ), the difference in values is in no way an MC's flaw.

Due to their algorithm of generating new quotes, real-time from Transact does not reflect volume correctly, while their history does.
Also, the number of ticks received my MC is now smaller because we change the request mechanism to get rid of tick-duplication.

I hope the above explanation makes things a bit clearer. Let me know if you have any further questions.

phil

Postby phil » 24 Oct 2008

HI Marina,

I install the official version of multichart 4 and the realtime tick problem seem to be better but I have a other problem. When I want to download history it doesn't work at all. I do a reload of my chart and I receive nothing at all of history.

CAn you confirm this please. Because I need a little bit of history.

thx.

phil

Postby phil » 24 Oct 2008

HI Marina,

I install the official version of multichart 4 and the realtime tick problem seem to be better but I have a other problem. When I want to download history it doesn't work at all. I do a reload of my chart and I receive nothing at all of history.

CAn you confirm this please. Because I need a little bit of history.

thx.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Oct 2008

Dear Phil,

Please go to File -> Preferences -> Data Server Mode and make sure that both 'Online' and 'Download missing historical data' are checked.

If they are and you still cannot receive any history, please contact our support representatives via LiveChat.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”