How do I get the scale to display a STEP SIZE of 1 ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Nov 2007

Attachments
-scale.jpg
(73.14 KiB) Downloaded 519 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Nov 2007

Hi TJ,

I'm not sure why you couldn't get the chart display the changed step size =1. Looks like you were doing exactly what should be done to change the step size. I would recommend trying to change it back and forth several times. If it doesn't help, please contact us through LiveChat.

Best regards.

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 Nov 2007

it has been most aggravating dealing with MC tech support.

instead of telling me straight that it cannot be done, he lead me in circles for an hour, then at the end tells me to experiment to achieve what I want. (I don't need anybody to tell me to experiment. I have experimented for weeks before I called up support.)

The bottom line is, the MC wording is misleading.

in the "Format Symbol" window, it says:

Manual Label Style
Step size [ ]

I expect this configuration option is for manually setting the chart label separation in steps specified by the user.

It turns out this is for Quote increment step size, NOT label on the chart.

wasted a whole hour....
but the worst is the aggravation of not getting a straight answer.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Nov 2007

Dear TJ,

I am sure there must have been a misunderstanding.

The bottom line for Manual Label Size behavior is as follows:

The program tries to display the labels according the the settings. However, if the difference between the highest and the lost price on the price scale is too large small label sizes won't be displayed - simply because there won't be enough room.

In other words, if the lowest price that the price scale shows is, say, 2720.00 and the highest 3200.00 there will simply be no room for the labels with the step size =1 to be displayed (you'll have to have almost 500 labels). Thus, the step size must be chosen depending on the price range you have.

I hope the above clarifies the situation and answers your question (if I understand the problem correctly)

Best regards.

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 Nov 2007

I don't understand why MC put a restriction on the number of grids in the price scale. This is only a display, it does not affect MC functionalities or cost many excessive processing cycles !!! If the grids are too dense and people cannot see, then let them change the scale, or let them set the scale to AUTO.

For me, I don't like to see the label step size vary. When I look at a chart, I want the know immediately, without thinking, the value of each grid. That's why I want to manually set the label step size.

When the scale changes on me without notification, it confuses the hell out of me. And I might make wrong trading decision because of this.

Are there other traders out there sharing my experience?

To MC: please make the label step size manually configurable. LET USER decide how much is too much.

Return to “MultiCharts”